Thursday, December 11, 2008

h e a d p i e c e s - register your interest now!



After sourcing a great number of fabulous unused vintage feather and straw hat trims made in Paris, Germany and Austria in the early 1900s a couple of months ago, I spent many hours painstakingly restoring each piece - feather by feather. Each piece was used in a range of headpieces I called the 'And your bird can sing' range which I launched at the Finders Keepers Markets last weekend.

Unsurprisingly, the beautiful pieces were pretty much a sell out (bar a few pieces which are available to buy in the E m p o r i u m)!


I have a number of beautiful feathered pieces yet to be made into headpieces.
A number of these will be made into pieces for the new Asta Pubblica store opening in Melbourne's Fitzroy North in late January (stay tuned for more information on that one)...yet I thought I'd give those people who missed out on getting a headpiece from me at the markets a chance to register their interest first!
And you can view the whole lot below:





































If you see a piece you like, email me let me know and I'll give you first dibs once the piece is made. As you know, each pieces is pretty much a one off - these are museum quality antique trims I'm using and once I exhaust them, there's no making more!

No comments:

Post a Comment